Friday, October 7, 2005

yesterday, i noticed that my stuffed pooh was gone. the bear that i've had with me for 6 years, was finally gone. well, it had to go or there'd have to be lots of sewing to do.

6 years. that's long. i've grown so much from 11 to 17. from a not so smart person with no general knowledge to a not so smart person with at least a bit of general knowledge. from a kid to a teenager (although i still feel like i'm like kid sometimes). from someone who would have almost joined an anti-boys club to someone who has a lovely celebrity crush on Tyron Leitso. 6 years is alot.

i remember the day when mom bought me that bear. she was the one who asked me if i wanted it, and i was questioning her if she was serious. and then i hesitated about getting it, telling her there was no need to, even though i was dying inside my heart to get it(hey, i was primary 5). she bought it for me anyway. every mother knows her own child. :D

so we walked past my uncle's shop and there sat my grandfather, talking to his friends as usual. he saw that big red plastic bag i was carrying, took a look inside, and said[translated from hainanese],"you still carry a bear at this age?". i just smiled back, protesting in my head that it was my mom who offered to buy that bear. (again, i was primary 5.)

that was 6 years ago. my then 89 year-old grandfather could still talk to me. 6 years later, he doesn't even recognise me anymore.

guess some things change in life, whether we want it or not.

3 comments:

sh said...

aww i'm sorry bout that. 6 years ago i've already lost my maternal grandma. 'cept i had my maternal grandpa to talk to occasionally. now he's in a home for the aged and he's slightly... dysfunctional, to me anyways.

6 years ago i was 10! *grin* innocent. hated guys. anti-guys. rock on babe. :p

Seige said...

i was hitting guys here and there. i could so form an anti-boys club. lol.

*thinks Mouth-User* :O shhhhhhhh

sh said...

shit i miss that club. :P doesnt look like either of us need it now. but still.

oh the expiry of membership days. *sigh*