Saturday, February 2, 2008

thou shall not conform.

hours ago, i was stuck in a huge dilema.

university applications for poly graduates opened today and almost everyone around me(including me) entered a state of panic. what to do? where to go? what to take? how to get in?

dilema, dilema, dilema.

so i talked to my dad about it.

i realised how wise my father actually was(is). the words that came out of his mouth made so much sense. there i was, hours ago, panicking and not knowing what i should do with my education. but now i question myself, "why should i put myself in this rat race?"

the truth is, i had unknowingly put myself in a position that i used to keep a distance from- conforming to the fast-paced, kiasu, competitive environment right here in singapore. it happened so naturally. damnit.

now i'm looking at things from a much clearer point of a view. a different point of view, maybe. my father had removed the sense of hurry and panic that i had put myself through. silly me. that's right.

no more conforming.

dont rush into doing something just because everyone around is doing it.
do what's best for you.
do it your way.

No comments: