Tuesday, August 19, 2008

my Father

i watched this yesterday.

Photobucket


My Father.

(dont ask me what the korean words in the trailer mean. i have no idea.)

the movie itself was pre-tty heartwarming to me. i thought that the actor(Kim Yeong-cheol) playing the biological father had some excellent acting chops. Daniel Henney(the son, "James Parker") was alright initially, but when the tears came out, i thought his acting went up a notch from there. the twist in the third quarter of the film was baffling, but what worked out in the end was nice, warm, and sweet.

of course, what really attracted me to this film was that it was actually based on a true story(only the real guy's american name was "Aaron Bates"). it really is an amazing story, even with the twist in it. especially with the shocking fact.

it made me think about my grandfather. my father's father. well, it's more of a wonder, rather. i've never met him in my life(he passed away when my dad was in university) and because i've never seen him, it has never occurred to me what kind of a person he was.

it just makes one wonder how different life would be if he was around. what would it be like? it's just a wonder.

but i've heard interesting stories about him from my father. amazing ones. my grandfather, the historical figure. one thing's for sure. i have a feeling, i think, no, i know, i'd be proud to be his granddaughter if i knew him.

yeah.

2 comments:

sh said...

i'd be proud too ;)

Seige said...

;)

i know.