Tuesday, March 22, 2005

so i received a call early in the morning around 830 am to check my posting of course. mom anxiously passed me the phone. she was freakingly more anxious then i am. i kept telling her to relax and it doesnt matter where i was posted to cos i'm ok with anything, as long as it's not property development. also i had only fallen asleep arnd 4+ and was freakingly sleepy.

i got into info-communications.

so.

whoopee?

here's the story. mom burst when she found out i'm in info-comms. she got all worked up, saying that it was a stupid course or something. u see, in her mind, there was only one course that she wanted me to get in. Hospitality and Tourism Management.and yes, that was in my first choice. ok, i do have a preference for that course, but like i said, any course is fine with me as long as it's not the one stated above.but no. it doesnt work that way for her. for these past few weeks, she's been asking me stuffs abt HTM and all, telling me to borrow books about it and stuffs. but i kept reminding her that i might not get into HTM and that i'll borrow books for the course i'm studying, WHEN I KNOW WHICH IT IS. so basically, HTM has been planted in her head. for a very long time.

she gave me that oh-my-goodness-it's-the-end-of-the-world behaviour.exploded.erupted.bits and pieces of ashes falling everywhere.she acted like it's over. over. so there i am, looking at the course name, and there she was, shrieking and stuffs. so that got me pissed off. like nuts. i was sleepy. so it's not gonna help if u stand there and act all crazy. plus she kept saying that it was a stupid course.stupid course. stupid course. stupid course. WILL YOU STOP IT??? what do u know about the course that makes it stupid? she doesnt even know what that course is about.but again, she only planted HTM in her head.

yes, i'm not that excited about it. i'm an idiot with computers. but the guy there said they'll teach u everything, so i suppose that's okay right? but NO. MOM refuses to think so. she didnt even give me a chance to describe that course. she just kept saying it was bad, stupid and all, and i got pissed off so badly, i was telling her not to piss me off any further early in the morning. she continued, and woke my dad up and was all like,"aiya..she got into info comms...aiyo.."with that voice i hate. the voice that makes me feel guilty and stuffs. the oh-my-god-it's-the end-of-the-world voice.

that's it. piss-ed off.

dad woke up and was like, "what's the big fuss all about??" and my mom was all like, i'm in info comms and die.. it's bad and all.. and dad was like, " info comms, info comms lah! why r u so worked up??y r u making such a big fuss?" he said that it doesnt matter what course i was taking, as long as i'm okay with it. but my mom was freaking out like crazy and i couldnt take it..i dont believe this. so she just shut the door and went off to work.she was sooo dead on on me taking HTM, everything else is rubbish to her. if only she'd just learn how to pause, think for a moment, and then talk.

look, i know u're all going to tell me that my mom is just concerned about my future and stuffs..i know it too. BUT might i add that u'll still have a future, regardless of what course u're taking? as long as u try ur best to do well, i'm sure u'll at least graduate with a diploma.even ITE students have great futures. this is a new world.not some superficial old world where if u dont get into JC, it's over. Dad told bro about it and even bro was saying that it was okay. One stepping stone, big deal?

it's not even really a stepping stone. now she wants me to appeal. but really, should i?should i really appeal for it? it might not work out.. Maybe i can work info-comms out?

screw this!

No comments: