Monday, November 28, 2005

Farewell

Talk about karate and the first person that comes to my mind is Pat Morita, better known as "Mr Miyagi" from the "Karate Kid".

I just came across the news that he has passed away on today's newspaper. It kind of came as a shock to me, even though i knew that he wasn't very young anymore. It's sad, i think, especially since i just watched "Karate Kid 3" yesterday on AXN. My favourite character has passed on.

I've been a fan of the Karate Kid movies for years. "Karate Kid 1", "Karate Kid 2", "Karate Kid 3", "The Next Karate Kid"- you name it, i caught it. Caught them all. Watched them all for umpteen times, i'm telling you. Ralph Macchio. i know that guy. that's right. that's how much i loved the show. In fact, i think all that watching throughout the years has probably taught me a skill or two on karate. really.

No doubt about it-Mr Miyagi was definitely my favourite character in all four films.

The good ol' "Wax on...wax off...Wax on...wax off..." & "Man who catch fly with chopsticks, accomplish anything."

taglines i'll always remember.

the newspaper also talked about Elisabeth Shue's and Hilary Swank's Oscar achievements, which i distinctively remember telling my dad the exact same thing a few weeks ago. And both movie stars starred in the Karate Kid movies(not that Elisabeth Shue played a really big part though). i know so much.

so back to Mr Miyagi, or Pat Morita as i shall say now. I think they should have a wax figure of him in Madam Tussaud's wax museum. i really think they should. one can never leave out the man who said that "karate is for defence and honour, not for tournament."(something like that.)well give him the honour, i say.

It's a pity he's passed on, but i don't think i'll forget Mr Miyagi. ever.

I salute you, Morita-san!

ps: don't find me weird. please. :)

7 comments:

jean said...

i find you quite normal. ^o)

BCM?

Seige said...

BCM? Yes please. :)

sh said...

oh hi seigey darling. did i mention gran's such a pain? oh yea she's such a pain today. let me tell you a story okay?

once upon a time, there lived this woman. she pissed off her granddaughter though her exams are over and has nothing to do at home by creating a huge mountain out of a molehill and disallowing her out. she is therefore a pain.

end of story. :)

Seige said...

hi anna baloney. let me tell you a formula okay?

Screw it.really.

end of formula. :)

sh said...

haha oh yea, we started talking again today. we were so petty yesterday we gave each other the cold shoulder.

yup she IS my gran. i think ive inherited some characteristics from her. scary.

Seige said...

she's my gran too.

i dont think i've inherited any characteristics...have i?

sh said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

nope i doubt it. she's your gran too? *gasp* now that's something i don't know. damn, how long have you been hiding it from me!