Thursday, December 13, 2007

where on mother's earth is my handbook?

recently, i was scribbling some random chinese characters during some lecture(ok so i wasnt exactly paying full attention to the lecturer) when i realised how out of touch with the chinese language i was.

how out of touch? thiiiiss out of touch.

i couldnt even remember how the words "ai4 (love)" and "niao3 (bird)" were supposed to be written. yes, i know. thaaat out of touch.

correction:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
love.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
bird.

noooo. this is so wrong. as much as i dont listen to chinese music or speak alot of it, chinese used to be my best subject(as compared to my pathetic scores for social studies and science) in secondary school. for some strange unknown reasons(seeing that we dont speak chinese at home), that is.

i was so appalled by the fact that i couldnt even write those simple few words, that i told myself to study the shou3 ce4(handbook) when i got home...only to find out that i didnt have them anymore.

gone. without a trace. okay, this is bad.

yikes. i guess it's really time i resort to reading the dictionary. tsk, seige. tsk, tsk.

dear me, the term tests are officially over. please jump for joy and rejoice.

the holidays are finally here. my holiday. *gasps for air* slap me twice and tell me it's true. a temporary 2-week hiatus from busting whatever limited braincells i have in this hard nut i carry on my shoulders. woohoo. time to be stupid again. :) woaah, reports? what reports?

and what better way to start off a holiday than to receive a sms telling me that i've won KT Tunstall's "Drastic Fantastic" cd? nice. looks like christmas came early for me this time around.

now watch me as i strike this cd off my albums-to-get list. *strikes*

ho, ho, ho-liday.

2 comments:

cosmicdust said...

i think learning and knowing chinese will come handy someday. i wish i knew chinese with the amount of chinese literature and films i seem to like, though i have to resort to translated versions and pin my eyes to those not so accurate subtitles as i watch films made especially by zhang yimou of the old (and better)style (and genre)...

and the only sms i get these days are 'HOTNEWS' 'ENTERTAIN' 'WEATHER' as if i care...

CONGRATS anyway and HA-HA-HA-PPY HO-HO-HO-HOLIDAYS!:)

Seige said...

true. especially since the future of economy since to head in China's direction. i uh... i watch local(and sometimes lame) chinese productions sometimes. and once, i heard this word so i tried visualizing the word in my head, and i realised that i totally forgot how to write it.

kept me up all night until i decided to turn back on the lights, get out of bed and flip the dictionary. lol.

happy holidays! :)