Saturday, May 3, 2008

the Art of Rejection

Photobucket

"We have reviewed your application thoroughly but regret to inform you that you have not been successful in your application. We assure you that the University Selection Committee had considered your application to the fullest extent before arriving at this difficult decision.

With best wishes
."

the fullest extent. right. i believe they took one look at my GPA and went, "next." to be fair, even i wouldnt accept me with a GPA as low as mine.

yes, the rejection was well predicted beforehand. i mean, i knew this was one of the three universities that was too prestigious for me right from the very beginning. but i just had to try, you know? no harm done, they said. agreed. and this letter only did nothing but proved me right.

and since i had already expected this even before i did my application, there's really nothing for me to be upset about. ...right? is that how it works? i guess this probably makes me the first member of my family to not make it to a university that i had applied for(particularly this one)... but hey, at least i dont have the lowest score for scrabble this time round.

come on. Monty Python said to always look on the bright side of life. that's right. i'll purse my lips and i'll give a whistle cos this will help things turn out for the best.

just two more months.
Photobucket

two.

note to self: i am the master of my fate, i am the captain of my soul. and i'm a mutant.

2 comments:

sh said...

babe, which course did you apply for?

anyway, there's always other options yeah? :) you'll do great. afterall, you're a mutant!

two months!

Seige said...

business- first choice.

yeah i'll most probably go to Xavier's school for the "gifted" if i've nowhere else to go.

:)