Wednesday, September 10, 2008

the ache v.s. the real ache.

today was the inevitable visit to the dentist's.

everything else interesting that happened in the office today seemed to be overshadowed by the overbearring pain that i had to experience while i was at work. i've learnt to put up with pains over time but today's seemed worser than usual. to put it simply, i had urges to beat up anything that got in my way.

apparently, half of my wisdom tooth was "stuck in the gums" which was obstructing some shit. well, said the dentist. hence, there would be a need for an extraction. there we go. i thought i had been one of those lucky ones who didnt have to go through all that, but unfortunately, i've fallen into the damned 'extraction' category. it was only a matter of time.

mom mentioned words like "cut your gums", "pull it out" and "sew it back" while trying to explain to me what the surgery would be like. and then she thought that she'd attempt to send me some reassurance by telling me that anaesthesia would be used.

but here's the thing. none of that scared me. i really didnt care how they were going to take it out. none of that mattered. what really concerned me was the price of removal. the oh-so-heavenly-price.

a whopping $500.

WHAT IN HEAVEN'S NAME! that's almost half of my month's pay.

when i pay that kind of money, i expect to GET something, not get RID of something. it's daylight robbery and i shall not stand for it. screw the tooth and the ridiculous pain, i'm keeping the money. but i've been told i have no choice.

i'll kill somebody right now. i will.

mom always said that toothaches worst kind of aches you can get. true. until you experience the heartache of departing with your hard earned cash. now tell me what hurts.

damn, i'm cranky like an old spinster living with 10 cats.

3 comments:

Willow said...

lol

M having my wisdom tooth too :( It hurts

Darcho said...

haha.. girl... but if e pain is gonna decay, its gonna be more painful... =X Mine even ex lor... $1071.54 for like 4 tooths! wat e crap?? haha.. but i paid via my dad's medisave.. I oso dun hv tt much $$ ar.. to GET RID of something.. lol..

Seige said...

ladies...i feel ya!!!

willow> i'm experiencing what you are right now and you can believe me when i say "i know how you're feeling." ouuuuch. take good care of it, girl!

zhen> i'm about to feel what you're feeling right now soon! haha. and yeah i finally found one that i could use medisave with, so thank god. heh