Sunday, June 25, 2006

*coughs*

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away."

as if.

i eat at least 2 apples a day and yet i've fallen sick twice within these 2 months. it's ridiculous. i'll probably die before i turn 40 if i carry on at this rate.

i came down with a slight fever on wednesday night, and on thursday, my temperature rose to about 38.4 degrees celsius. i had to go out on thursday afternoon (where i met a really interesting old lady on the bus on my way back. but i'll tell that story another time.) to post some stuffs and i decided to get myself a strawberry fair fresco drink. dang, my throat never felt so good. that is one mighty fine drink! but when i got home, my temperature rose to a 38.6. i thought it was supposed to cool me down. yeah whatever.

going to school on friday with a high fever wasnt exactly a good idea but i didnt feel right not going because i didnt want to miss out on what's going on. we didnt really do alot then but i'm glad we didnt because i think my brain cells stopped functioning for a bit. the aircon in the lab didnt do me any favours. i was shivering under my hooded sweater so much, my friend thought i looked a lot like Charlie of the show, LOST. like a drug addict. i could imagine.

then they told me there were red spots around my eyes that looked like mosquito bites but i figured it was just the flu anyway so i brushed that concern off. i mean, you would probably think so too, right? but damn, the fever was getting to me by then. it seemed as though i was a little delusional. cuckoo. cuckoo.

when i got home, i immediately sponged my head with a cold cloth and covered my eyes with it til i fell asleep. but that wasnt going to do any trick. when i woke up upon the return of my mom, my eyes could barely open. i could feel a thick, heavy layer of skin almost laying on top, disallowing me to open my eyes any further. the entire area around my eyes had actually swelled up so bad that my double eyelids became single. i looked like crap.

on our way to the doctors, people we walked past kinda stared at my eyes for a bit before quickly looking away. now i know how it feels like to have people staring at you because you look different. yea my eyes swelled up because i've too much fire inside them and i'm trying to control it before they shoot out like superman's, ok? freaks.

turns out i'm allergic to panadol. it seems i cant take 2 at a time. i think i was actually amazed when i heard that. i mean come on! i've never heard of anyone who's allergic to panadols! they're panadols! i've taken them so many times before. OH..okay. two panadols. sheesh. but Doc did mention that swelling eyes might cause breathlessness which kinda freaked me out a little. and my temperature rose to 39.1 degrees, i started reminding myself what my name is in case i burnt my brain. that's one crazy ride.

but i felt much better yesterday, and fever actually went down last night when my friends came over for some reason. they ended up watching the world cup according to previous plans(which was later cancelled due to me falling ill, and then somehow went accordingly again) and eventually, stayed over. that's like, 5 people, who i presume, have "strong body immunity"(so they say), over. my house became a hotelhostel overnight. good times.

my temperature seems to be rising again. the damn heat.

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away."


...."psyched."

2 comments:

sh said...

maaaybe... you should cut down to one apple.

"an apple a day..."

:p

jean said...

hahaha anna ure funny! sorry to disturb u on sat night by jumping up and down =P

oh ya seige, i guess it must have been seeing all of us, esp me *UHEM* then ur fever subside one :p so, u shld see me more often.. i have strong immunity! i slept the closest to u and im still strong and healthy :))