Thursday, June 15, 2006

Music Therapy

i used to say "Music is my salvation". that's because i loved music.

today, i realised, that music IS my salvation. because one simple song with great lyrics can make me feel 10 times better, like almost immediately. immediate effect, i say. Music therapy really works for me.

so i just discovered this band. well.. okay, i didnt discover them, and they're probably not that new or anything, but they're new to me, so yeah. anyway, they're called Augustana, and i find their stuff pretty appealing. to me, that is. it's my kind of music.

check them out:
Augustana

think i might get their album soon.
(i'm spending too much on cds!)

just randomly, i think a conversation with a friend earlier on reminded me that "we should never change ourselves to be someone else so other people will like us. why waste our lives being someone else we're not?" oh, and i think that smart women should never act dumb just because they think men would prefer a ditzy blonde to an intelligent brunette.

of course, i'm not smart. but i dont act, so that's a totally different story. it just means i'm stupid. dont read too much into it. haha.

i'll leave some lyrics of my newly fascinated song.
"You don't know me,
And you don't even care, oh yeah,
Well you said,
You don't know me,
And you don't wear my chains, oh yeah.

She said I think I'll go to Boston.
I think I'll start a new life.
I think I'll start it over, where no one knows my name.
I'll get out of California, I'm tired of the weather,
I think I'll get a lover and fly 'em out to Spain. Oh yeah well
I think I'll go to Boston.
I think that I'm just tired.
I think I need a new town, to leave this all behind.
I think I need a sunrise, I'm tired of Sunset,
I hear it's nice in the summer, some snow would be nice, oh yeah."
-Boston, by Augustana

1 comment:

jean said...

HEY seige! i missed you!! and our soccer!! lets go play when im free. lol i guess im always very busy. think can only go aft sem1.. wad happened to u? u can call me anytime if u wanna talk (likewise to u prisc and wc, if ure reading this (: ) anw i got loads to update u guys bout me lah!! mahjong and soccer plsssssss