Wednesday, October 11, 2006

So Sue Me

the senior head's hasnt been around and i've enjoyed working these 2 days. it's probably because weekdays are less busy. EXCEPT fridays. thank god it's my off day this friday. i dont like the feeling of working on a sunday, but i dont have a choice. never mind, it's just this sunday.

i met the other part-timer 2 days ago for the first and the last time because that was her last day. she showed me around the store, told me about the new stocks and how to talk to customers, something the full timers didnt do(strangely). and she did warn me about certain things a few of them did that i have to be really careful of. yikes. i mean, technically, everyone laughed around but just the certain things they did...well, "Welcome to the political world." that was what she told me. thanks, i felt great after hearing that. okay, sarcasm aside, i really appreciated her showing me around. that was nice.

my dad's friend from the U.S.(the one who opened his house to them when they went over) came to singapore and had dinner with us last night. chicken rice. yum. ANYWAY, my dad told him i have been yearning to go to the U.S. since i was 13 and so he asked me when i'm going. i told him about my 2013 pact with anna.

"i see, i see. but you have to really plan your trip. new york isnt a safe place." point taken. he's a californian, by the way.

"i always have trouble remembering your names(even though he's known us for YEARS). hey if you wanna go to america, we gotta get you an english name first. we know we got your brother one already." yes, they managed to call my brother something that sounded similar to his name. amazing.

when i was in new zealand, my dad's friends used to call me "Susan" or "Sue" because my name was kinda tough to remember, somehow. another australian friend called me "Polly".Polly dont want a cracker. um, "Sue"'s fine, really. and i'm actually not cringing at the sound of it. hey, now that's a first.

p.s.:i cant wait to go to Penang during the december holidays. dad's already made reservations. that is the only thing that will keep me going for the next month. i cant wait.

p.p.s.: christmas is less than 3 months away. :)

3 comments:

sh said...

hop! babyyy it's christmassss.... and the snow's falling down.. christmass....and im watching you go... christmas.... all those ppl around.... christmassss.... baby please come home...we're singing deck the halls....

okay it's never too soon to get into the mood okay.

omg you told them about our pact! lol 2013 is like 7 years away. save save save! i cant wait to travel with ya!

Seige said...

bells are ringing through the town...

*freaks out*

YES, never too soon. go with me to plaza sing soon eh? cheap christmas shopping!

i know, i told him and he said it's so far away. maybe..2007? haha. you and me, travelling, by ourselves, together. ho ho ho. merry christmas.

sh said...

2007 is like next year hun! NO MONEY! A levels year! lol give me time to work man!