Sunday, January 7, 2007

my new year

ok, i said i would do a meme but i'm kinda lazy right now. maybe later.

i just took down all my christmas decorations. i just took down all my christmas decorations. my room feels naked.

guess christmas really is over. shoot.

"gong xi, gong xi". the sound of chinese drums, trumpets, cymbals, with the combination of old chinese singers and a little remix touch makes the perfect dish called chinese new year songs that will soon be played incessantly, everywhere. everywhere.

now it's not that i hate them(well, most of them). but i mean, i guess this would've been much nicer to sing-a-longlisten to. (disclaimer: my neighbour's playing chinese new year songs RIGHT NOW and my dad just told me my mom was the one who asked them to play it.)

dont get me wrong. i'm a festive lover. i love christmas. i love chinese new year. i love the feeling when my family does spring cleaning. i love it when my dad starts putting up new year decos and engages my help for it (even though it's not so much of a christmas wreath or a mistletoe). and when it comes down to decorating the pussy willow, you've stopped at my territory. you see, i havent really gotten any chances with a christmas tree, so the pussy willow's kinda my thang. heh.

maybe i'm just not in the mood yet. maybe i will be in a few weeks.

or maybe knowing the fact that my end-of-year exams are just 2 days after the chinese new year is what's overshadowing my festive spirit.

i still dont like school.

No comments: