Monday, March 31, 2008

The Ring.

i received an interesting call yesterday.

(phone rings.)

me: hello?
woman: where are you now?
me: in the car?
woman: what time are you coming back?

wait, last i checked, all my family members were in the car with me.

me: um, who is this?
woman: what time are you coming back?
me: i think you got the wrong number.
woman: Carmen, is it?
me: nope, you got the wrong number.
woman: oh. *hangs up*

5 seconds later, my phone rang again. yes, it's that same unknown number.

me: *amused* hello?
woman: Carmen?
me: *laughs* you got the wrong number.
woman: *serious tone* dont bluff me, you're carmen. where are you now?
me: um, you really got the wrong number.
woman: *agitated* STOP LYING. you're carmen's friend. WHERE IS CARMEN?
me: WHO'S CARMEN?
woman: CARMEN. LEE CARMEN. CARMEN LEE.
me: I DONT KNOW ANY CARMEN. YOU'VE REALLY GOTTEN THE WRONG NUMBER, miss.
woman: *hangs up*

and with that, my dad's australian friend sitting at the front of the car offered to be "Carmen" the next time the lady called. which she didnt.

i think she probably finally managed to get through to her Carmen and realised that she'd really gotten the wrong number twice and had accused a stranger of lying.

look, it's okay if you get the wrong number a few times. but really, not even a word of apology? not even a "sorry"? gee, Carmen's mom. oh well, her number is still on my call log so i can actually prank call her anytime i want. awesome. victory is in my hands. woohoo.

a likely scenario...

woman: hello?
me: *muffled* hello. is this carmen's mother?
woman: yes?
me: *breathes heavily* what's your favourite scary movie?

okay, so maybe i wont really do that. i mean, i'm not that childish(i lied) and it really would be a waste of time(as tempting as it sounds). but really, some singaporeans really need to learn some real manners for their own benefits. like Carmen's mom. and everyone else who stood in front of the library door before it opened. it's getting retarded.

bring Singa the lion back!

Photobucket

2 comments:

sh said...

LOL. HAHAHAHA. what's your favourite scary movie? WHAT A LINEEEE.

i was nominated to be as a singa award dont know what crap in sec...4 i think. LOOOOL. but didnt win. HAAHHAA.

Seige said...

hahaha REALLY? there was an award like that? hahaha COOL.

if only you had won. that would look good on your resume for your current job.

HAHAHAHA.