Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Teachers' Day

(hold your breath. this might be a long post.)


it's been 5 years since i was last involved in an especially special Teacher's day surprise party. i'll never ever forget that day, and i'll never forget my teacher's expression. that happy, smiling, grateful expression.


i went back to my primary school today for a little visiting.one of my teachers, Mrs C, was really surprised when she saw me and the feeling was actually quite amazing because she was my very first teacher in that school, and well, basically, she's the one who really watched me grow up, having taught me from p1 to p6. we chatted for quite a bit, and we agreed on one thing. i did grow from primary school, but my face never changed. lol i wonder if that's a good or bad thing.


so onto the teacher whom we held the surprise party for. my p6 form teacher, Mrs S. this teacher changed my life, i'm telling you. okay, she didnt change my life. but she made an impact on it, and she's one of the best teachers i've had.


but today,when i squeezed through the crowd of tiny (and huge) younger people to wish her, she forgot my name. she forgot my batch. and i was at her house just this chinese new year.


she was busy. she had alot of students surrounding her (like always) and she was in a hurry to rush for a meeting. she mistook me for one of the students in the 2002 batch (i was the 2000 one btw). well, she did find 1 min to look up at me in an i-know-you-but-i-just-cant-remember-your-name expression before rushing off to her meeting. it's okay, i wished her anyway.


Mrs S. Someone who never gave up on her students. when i screwed up my prelims, she made me believe in myself. when my psle results was released, i wasnt happy. i was angry and upset. UPSET.


and then i got a phone call. it was Mrs S. she started talking to me and talked about how much i've improved from prelims and lots of encouraging words came out. it wasnt that bad after all. (of course, if i look back on it now, it's NOTHING. heh) there. she was such an encouraging person. one who really bothered to call her student up to encourage.


so you see, i'll never forget her, and i never fail to wish her every year. this year would not be an exception, even if she had forgotten who i was.


here's the thing. abt 2 hrs earlier, the phone rang and i saw a familiar number on the id. and then came a familiar voice. it was Mrs S. she apologised to me for being in such a hurry, and for having temporary memory loss.


wow. she bothered to call, AGAIN.


so we chatted for abit and she taught me lots of moral values again, only through the phone this time. Mrs S- amazing.


of course, not forgetting about my sec school teachers whom i appreciate alot as well. well...maybe some more than 'others' (heh) but i shant elaborate any further. like this isnt long enough.


oh btw, i've only just started watching Rock Star INXS and i love it. but it's a little late aint it? crap i should have been more enthusiastic about it earlier. which reminds me. i might wanna get their album.


oh well, guess i'm done for now (you can breathe again dearies). all i'm left to say to all teachers is, "HAPPY TEACHERS' DAY Y'ALL!"


right, like they read this. lol

3 comments:

sh said...

awwwww!! she called? that's majorly sweet! :)

Seige said...

yup she called. i know! she didnt even need to call and she did. she's amazing.

sh said...

that's so super super super nice of her lah. i was like literally, WOH, aloud, when i read your entry.